COMMUNITY FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 15, 2012
Non-profit charitable organizations serving the Muskegon County region are eligible to apply for a grant from the Community Foundation for Muskegon County. Applications must be submitted online at www.cffmc.org. The grant deadline is Wednesday, August 15 for programs beginning after November 1, however, an Application of Intent Form should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the deadline. The Foundation will consider proposals in the following areas: arts and culture, health and human services, education, environment, emerging community needs, and Muskegon Downtown Development. In addition, the following funds will be awarding grants:
- The Julia Hackley Memorial Fund of the Foundation will consider applications that support the needs of City of Muskegon residents, with priority given to meeting the needs of low-income individuals and families.
- The Greater Muskegon Women and Children’s Fund will consider applications that focus on meeting the needs of Women and Children in Muskegon County.
- The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) of the Foundation will consider applications that address projects and programs that focus on serving Muskegon County youth.
- The Environmental Fund will consider applications that build community capacity, educate, provide environmentally oriented technical assistance, protect and preserve natural resources and clearly relate to the environmental interests and needs of the Muskegon region.
- The Muskegon County Medical Society Fund will accept applications that focus on programs and projects relating to health and science education and related activities.
- The White Lake Community Fund will accept applications for projects in the White Lake area that address the following community needs: social services, environment, civic affairs, education and youth.
For more information applicants are encouraged to call the Foundation office at (231) 722-4538.