8 Great Reasons
8 Great Reasons to Use a Donor Advised Fund
1. Foundation staff keeps you informed about emergency needs as well as what is going on in the community.
2. You can make gifts in tax-advantageous years and distribute to charity on your schedule.
3. You can do all your giving through your fund – you have only one tax receipt to keep track of and the Foundation makes grants from your fund to the organizations you want to support.
4. Your family can become involved, now and in the future.
5. Your name lives on after you through the name of the grantmaking fund.
6. Giving can be anonymous, which cuts down on mail from charities.
7. Supporting any nonprofit helps you understand its purpose better.
8. You’re joining ranks with countless others who are investing in the future of Muskegon County through their Community Foundation!